Suzan Writes …
Life is a bottomless cornucopia of drama, surprise and dream.
I write to honor the beauty and terror of the world, to examine the fragility and boundless strength of humankind, to introduce characters with real depth, grounded in scenes that can be seen, heard and smelled, and that whisk away to other places and times—all in language and cadence that make the heart sing. It is my good pleasure and privilege to summon you to celebrate these mysteries with me. Truly, we are all dancers moving in and out of focus through the mist.
It’s a fiesta of smoke—and you are invited!
Books on Amazon with Review Excerpts
Editors Choice & Very High Amazon Reader Ratings.
Well in Time
- Still is more than a novelist; she’s a literary giant with a gift for beautiful prose, brilliant plotting and revealing characterization
- Well in Time reminded this reviewer of the magical realism novels of great writers like Gabriela Garcia Marquez, Mario Vargas Llosa and Isabella Allende, weaving the sacred and the profane; past, present and future; love and hate, the beauty and the ugly within and without nature and so much more.
- Still draws from the deep well of her own empathy for humanity as she conjures up a passionate and suspenseful tale... a journey through time to many realms both psychic and physical, terrifying and beautiful...
Fiesta of Smoke
- As with the brush of a muralist, Suzan Still has captured 50 years of the history of Mexico in vivid color...
- Still’s writing smolders with volatility, authenticity, and intelligent femininity.
- Wow.........a book of substance, mystic, and meaningful insights.
- I don't write reviews but this book deserves an A+++++++
- Fiesta of Smoke draws you into a grass roots rebellion woven around dramatic personal and political adventures. Read it.
- It opened my eyes to the struggles of the Mexican indigenous population and the amazing efforts of revolutionaries who fought with conviction and love in their hearts.
Commune of Women
- I laughed and cried along with each of the characters involved and found myself identifying with all of them in so many different ways.
- I don't usually read a book twice..but did this one..
- I was unsurprised to find that Still also paints because she uses words like pigments to create a landscape for the reader to inhabit.
- I really loved this book although at times it was painful to read - my heart broke hearing some of these women's experiences.
- Still should be watched - she has the potential to be a force in literature.
FREE Book Club Resources
Questions & Activities
As an author and lover of books, I relish the discourse that emerges as a result of reading. Beyond the bonds of close relationships, it is the book club community that offer it's readers that rich post reading experience. As a reader, writer, researcher, and University Professor I deeply value resources of deeper inquiry, and so I have created topics, suggestions and personal discovery questions to enhance your reading experience.
Materials for Your Reading Discovery & Discussions
BLOG: The Writing Process, Inspirations, News & Events
I'm writing my 4th novel, and am immersed in writing as well as researching, participating in panel discussions and on the circuit of speaking engagements.
I welcome you to join me along the path. Through image and text come see what inspires the stories on art, nature, psychology.